If you are thinking about buying a brand new pressure cooker, then the Presto 01362 is one of the best cooking appliance available in the market. This stainless steel pressure cooker is available in 3 versions- the 4 quarts, 6 quarts and the 10 quarts, and has been used by hundreds and thousands of customers over the years. It is also the top selling product on Amazon at a very reasonable price. Presto is surely a heavy duty and large pressure cooker, perfect for a family of 4 or more people. But the question that comes to mind is why you need a pressure cooker?
The Need Of a Pressure Cooker
Nowadays, life is too much busy, and it seems very difficult to put some healthy meal on the table. However, having a pressure cooker, especially the Presto 6-Quart model, you can easily cook some delicious meals in a short span of time. Best of all, pressure cookers are not only meant to cook meat or beans, but you can cook nearly anything in a pressure cooker.
That being said, let me take you through a detailed review of Presto 01362 Pressure Cooker. Please take your time to go through its features and pricing.
With the modern Presto 01362 stainless steel pressure cooker, you can prepare delicious meals quickly and easily. Whether it’s chicken, pork, beef, beans or fish, this safe cooking appliance is ready to provide a pressurized heat and prepare some juicy meals. The stainless steel construction and bi-metal clad base not only ensures it long lasting durability but also makes it easier for you to clean. Best of all it is 100% safe and has a 12 Year Limited Warranty. There are a number of smart features like pressure regulator, levels and indications that give you full control over the cooking process.
Key Features of the Presto 01362
- Pressure Regulator, Levels And Indicators- The Presto 6-Quart Pressure Cooker has a modern fully enclosed system that makes it 100% safe for cooking. For maintaining the pressure level inside the cooking chamber, it has a weight on the top. It also has an overpressure plug that acts as a secondary safety redundancy measure in case the primary vent pipe gets blocked due to any reason.
- Air Vent/Cover Lock-The air vent/cover locks is an additional feature of Presto. The vent has a small pin that pops up to lock the air flow. This ensures that the lid gets closed as soon as the cooking process begins. The benefit of this vent is that when the pressure is released out from the cooker, it prevents any potential explosion.
- Safe Pressure Setting- Manufacturers of Presto added only one pressure setting of 15 psi. This pressure setting is not only safe but also sufficient for cooking any type of meal. So, whether you are planning to cook beef, pork or vegetables, Presto is ready to do the job for you.
- Special Gasket Seal- For providing more safety to its consumers, Presto has a gasket seal on the cooking pot and the lid. This feature is now added to nearly all modern pressure cookers.
- Handle- The Presto Pressure Cooker has two handles, each on one side of the chamber. One of them is an extended operating handle while the other is a short one that helps in opening and closing of the top lid.
- Pressure Release Methods- There are two methods used for pressure release. One is the natural release method that you use after cooking; the other is cold water method. Unfortunately, there is no built-in automatic pressure release feature in this model of Presto. Most of you may not be familiar with the cold water pressure release method. Well, there is no rocket science in this. When you remove the pressure cooker from the stove top, you simply pour cold water on the lid for a few minutes in the sink. This is rather a quick method of releasing the pressure, but you can choose whichever you think is best for you
- Comes with a very affordable price tag.
- 12 Years limited warranty by the manufacturer.
- A 64-Page instruction manual that guides you through using, safety and washing.
- Smart ergonomics with an easy to grip handle.
- Stainless steel body that is easy to wash.
- Overpressure plug ensuring safety.
- Cover lock indicator.
- 6-Quart Capacity making it perfect for small families.
- Can easily cook any recipe in a short span of time.
Just like any other pressure cooker, the screws and handle of Presto may rust after 3-4 years of use. However, you can get the replacement from the manufacturer. Also, a few customers have complaint that pressure cooker takes some extra time to heat up or cool down.
- No risk of blowing up.
- No risk of sprouting food.
- No risk of overflowing soups or other liquid meals.
- 100% safety from steam burns.
- Cover lock indicator that adds additional safety in case you didn’t locked the cover properly.
- An automatic release valve for maintaining a safe pressure level inside the cooking chamber.
- Perfect both for first time user and frequent user.
- Ability to cook 3 to 10 times faster than ordinary cooking methods with 100% safety.
- Comes with a 64-Page instruction recipe book along with a rack.
Easy to Use and Clean
If you have been using the traditional pressure cookers, you’ll definitely find Presto to be very user-friendly. Regardless of the meal, you are cooking, it is always safe and easy to prepare delicious recipes in Presto 01362 6-Quart Pressure Cooker. As compared to the old fashioned cookers, Presto has some smart ergonomics that doesn’t make it bulky, ensuring that you don’t have any issues handling it.
Best of all, the stainless steel body, ensuring its long lasting durability, also makes it easier for you to clean it. Don’t worry about the sticky stains on the walls of the cooking chamber. Simply use your detergent for washing your kitchen utensils and scrub it gently.
Having a small family doesn’t require you to buy a large capacity pressure cooker. You only need to adjust to your cooking requirements, and Presto 01362 6-Quart Pressure Cooker is the perfect cooking appliance for you. It is affordable, cook 3 to 10 times fast and is much safer as compared to the regular pressure cookers. Presto 01362 Pressure Cooker is available at a 20% discount on Amazon with free shipping. Grab the offer before it expires.