The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is the Amazon Bestseller #1 in the Home & Kitchen category for over 2 years now, it’s one of the best pressure cookers with multiple features. It doesn’t only ostensibly serve you as a pressure cooker but also doubles as a warmer, a yogurt maker, sauté, steamer, porridge maker, rice cooker, slow cooker and even a browning pan.
Reviewers are almost unanimous in their love for the Instant Pot Ip-DuO60, making this the most popular electric pressure cooker. The other reason that this pressure cooker is preferred over other well-known brands in the industry is the price, for a relatively cheaper price than its competitors, it makes cooking a lot simpler and enjoyable.
Why Choose the Instant Pot IP-DUO60?
When it comes to choosing a pressure cooker, the key feature is how fast it can cook food, and the way it can help your cooking method to save time without having to cut down on the deliciousness of the meal.
Moreover, the pressure cooker is something that you won’t be using every day. However, the Duo60 proves to be handy because of its multi-purpose features that not only save you money but easily replace a lot of appliances in your kitchen.
So let’s get straight to it and have a look at the pros and cons of the Instant Pot DUO60;
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker
- Easy to clean; Dishwasher friendly
- Set it and Forget it functioning
- Top notch safety features
- No noise, no leaks
- Not a pressure canner
- Not for huge family gatherings
Specifications of the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
As compared to the conventional pressure cooker, IP-Duo60 tends to provide convincing specifications along with unrivaled versatility.
- 6 Quart capacity- The Instant Pot DUO60 offers a capacity of 6 quarts which is perfect for both individuals and large families.
- Energy Efficiency- The Instant Pot has been known to save up to 70% of energy while cooking; compared to its competitors.
- Microprocessor- The microprocessor in the Instant Pot has 14 programs that deal with everything from making chili & beans to pasteurizing & fermenting rice in a single touch. Additionally, the microprocessor based control panel has cooking presets and manual functions that regulate the time, temperature and pressure make cooking a set-it-and-forget-it task.
- Power- Equipped with a maximum operating power of 1000 watts, the Instant Pot is one of the most powerful pressure cookers in the market.
- Durability- Manufactured with three ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot and a stainless steel durable plastic exterior.
- Safety- The IP-DUO60 comes with 10 built-in safety features that regulate and control the pressure and heat during cooking. The Duo60 is UL and ULC certified.
Features of the Instant Pot
- DUO60 is a multi-purpose and multi-function pressure cooker. You will be enticed with its additional features like pressure cooking, rice cooker mode, yogurt mode, slow cooking, and browning, steaming and warming functions.
- It has the Microprocessor based control panel that is equipped with different cooking presets and other manual functions. The control panel is user-friendly, which means you won’t have any difficulties operating its different functions. Moreover, the user manual guide that comes along with the pressure cooker also guides you thoroughly how to use it.
- During cooking, the steam and fragrance of the meals are trapped inside. This ensures that the food remains moist and also flavorsome.
- It also has an easy to remove cooking pot for cleaning purpose. This pot is made from stainless steel and is extremely durable.
- Using the preset cooking delay timer, you can set the timer, and engage yourself in other tasks without any worries.
- It keeps the heat inside the cooking unit and prevents the surrounding items or surfaces from heating up.
- Once the food is cooked, it automatically switches to “keep warm” mode and traps the steam and aromas inside thereby keeping the food moist and flavorsome.
The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is manufactured using a high quality and durable plastic. You will notice a significant change when compared with a conventional pressure cooker. Moreover, its inner pot is made from stainless steel, and this is its key feature that ensures its long life. Furthermore, this stainless steel pot features a 3 ply aluminum bottom along with a food grade stainless steel. This gives your DUO60 durability and more quality to cook your meals efficiently.
You might have noticed that a lot of electricity operated pressure cookers have a coating of non-stick material. However, this coating contains chemical and it might mix up with the food upon heating. Thanks to the manufacturers of IP-DUO60 for having used heavy duty aluminum steel. Even if your pressure cooker is overheated it won’t come in contact with the food.
Update: While most electric pressure cooker manufacturers use plastic or metal to make a little cone for the steam release handle, Instant Pot has gone a step further and made this out of silicone which helps make a tighter seal and prevents any steam leakage.
Advanced Safety Features
The IP-DUO60 is UCL and UL certified, and here are some safety features that you will be enjoying when using the DUO60.
- A temperature Fuse and Electrical Current technology that cuts off the electric current if the temperature goes beyond the safety limits.
- Advance high-temperature monitoring.
- Safety lid lock system.
- Intensive pressure protection and automated pressure controlling system.
- Power protection along with Extreme Temperature safety.
- Smart detection. If the lid isn’t properly closed the cooker won’t start unless you adjust or lock the lid properly.
The product is 100% safe for you. You can put in all the ingredients, set the temperature and timer and do all your other tasks without any worries.
Accessories of the Instant Pot IP-DUO60
The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is delivered packed in a double box arrangement to ensure that there are no dents or damages. The pressure cooker has the following accessories;
- Rice Paddle
- Soup Ladle
- 6 oz (180ml) measuring cup
- Extra tall trivet
An instruction manual and a short booklet of recipes are also provided. The Instruction manual/Reference guide is multi-lingual (covering Chinese, French, Spanish and English) and covers all of the Instant Pots functions as well as the recommended ratio of ingredients (like grains & dried beans to water) and the cooking time.
Note: The cord length of the Instant Pot is 57 inches (1.2 m).
I would again repeat that Instant Pot IP-DUO60 might an expensive kitchen appliance, but the value it provides is priceless. Its sheer versatility makes it stand out and rests on the top of all other pressure cookers. Best of all, it lasts longer than any other pressure cooker. So, you won’t have to reinvest again for quite a long time.
So, why wait? Grab the Best Electric Pressure Cooker Instant Pot IP-DUO60 TODAY!